Got questions? This page offers a list of frequently asked questions where you may be able to find answers. Just click on a question to see the answer. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, please CONTACT US!
What are the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®?
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are a non-invasive, external, massage technique. When applied, they guide internal abdominal organs into their proper position for optimum health and well being. The techniques work by relieving congestion and blockages to improve the flow of chi and fluids of the circulatory, lymphatic and nervous systems to prevent the progression of chronic disease symptomology. This results in improved organ function by releasing physical and emotional congestion from the abdomen. These techniques are effective for both men and women
How do the techniques work for women?
This external massage gently lifts and guides the uterus into its optimal position in the lower pelvis. The uterus is held in position by over 10 ligaments. Ligaments, when stressed or strained cause the uterus to become mal-positioned. If the uterus is mal-positioned, women experience a multitude of symptoms
What could cause a displaced uterus?
- Injury to the sacrum or tailbone from a fall, car accidents, etc
- Pelvic ligaments that have weakened due to overstretching during pregnancy and birth
- High Impact exercise, running on cement surfaces, high impact aerobics, etc
- Lifting & carrying heavy objects before or during menstruation and too soon after childbirth
- Time and gravity
- Past surgeries
- Weak pelvic floor muscles
- Chronic muscle spasm around the low back and sacrum
- Emotional armoring
What are the symptoms of a displaced uterus?
- Painful or irregular periods; painful or irregular ovulation
- Dark or brown blood at the onset and at the end of menstruation
- Headache or migraine with period
- Varicose veins of the legs and/or tired, weak or numb legs
- Low backache; back pain with period
- More serious imbalances including: Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids and Uterine Polyps
- PMS/ depression
- Frequent urination; bladder infections, incontinence
- Recurrent vaginal infections
- Chronic miscarriages
- Difficulty getting pregnant/Infertility
- Painful intercourse
- Chronic constipation
- Difficult menopause
How quickly should I expect a change?
Depending on the severity of the problem, it may take as little as one session and as long as many months for the uterine position to be corrected and for the ligaments to gain enough strength and elasticity for it to stay in place. 3 sessions are usually the minimum. Women often report a rapid improvement in symptoms and sense of wellbeing when self-care is performed regularly.
Are the techniques recommended for all women?
Almost every woman, even those who have had hysterectomies can benefit greatly from the Arvigo® Techniques through improved circulation, lymphatic drainage and a decrease in the formation of scar tissue.
Direct application over the uterus is not performed:
- During menstrual bleeding
- Within the first 6 weeks following a normal vaginal delivery or the first 3 months after a c-section
- For a woman using an IUD for birth control
- If cancer is present or suspected anywhere in the pelvis, or undergoing chemotherapy for this condition
- During the first trimester of pregnancy
How are the techniques helpful for men?
The techniques are applied the same way for men. The prostate is a glandular organ that rests behind the bladder, but has no ligaments to speak of for support. The prostate gland can become congested resulting in early stages of Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH), impotence (depending on the cause), decrease sperm count, etc. By applying the massage to the abdomen it supports healthy organ function and relieves congestion
How do the techniques support Fertility?
It has been estimated that approx 30 % of woman who have been unsuccessful in conceiving eventually conceive after a succession of Arvigo® sessions. Treatments generally consist of massage, diet and lifestyle modifications, herbal therapies to enhance fertility. Once the uterus is in its optimal position, there is improved hemo dynamics and homeostasis to support and enhance fertility. When including the partner in the process, we find fertility is increased! After all, men need this work as much as women do
I’ve had a Hysterectomy - how do the techniques help?
Women who have had hysterectomies benefit greatly from these technqiues as it improves circulation in and around the area of the scar. When circulation is improved, scar tissue will be prevented from forming in the pelvis after surgery. Ligaments and other remaining organs are benefited from improving circulatory flow to the pelvis
How do the techniques help with Ceasarian sections?
Untold numbers of Caesarian births could be prevented with this simple, safe, easy to learn massage technique. Our practitioners use this to prevent the need for a C-Section. By strengthening and toning the uterus, ligaments and other pelvic organs, the massage helps to place and maintain the uterus in her optimal position for giving birth. Well being of the mother and baby are improved as they prepare for labor and delivery. Our midwife practitioners apply this technique during labor and delivery and report a decrease in laboring and easy delivery for mom and bab